Sunday, November 2, 2008

LIKE SANDS THROUGH AN HOUR GLASS


"Best start putting first things first."
Cause when your hourglass runs out of sand
You can't flip it over and start again
Take every breathe God gives you for what it's worth.


Yesterday, we got the news that my nephew had died suddenly. We are still not sure what caused his death. It was so shocking because as far as we knew, he was healthy. He was only thirty five years old. He leaves behind him, three little girls and a wife. Please pray for His Dad John, his Mom Dianne and his brother John, as our family tries to deal with this tragedy. Hold your own loved ones closer because you just never know when the sand will run out for anyone. The hourglass ran out of sand for Danny, yesterday.


Danny accepted Jesus Christ as his Savior at an early age. We comfort ourselves with this scripture:
1 Thessalonians 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

Sleep well and sweet dreams, Danny.

11 comments:

Edie said...

Oh Eve I am so sorry. I am lifting you all up to the One who Comforts.

Debra said...

Eve,
I'm sorry too. You can bet I will hold my son tighter tonight.
I will pray for your family.
Love, Debra

JeanMac said...

So sorry to hear of the loss of one so young.In our prayers.

Ronda said...

Sorry to hear the bad news, I will be praying for your family.
Glad ur back by the way, we missed you bunches.
Love & Prayers,
Ronda

Nicole said...

I am so sorry, Eve! I will pray for your family.

Love ya,
Nicole

Alexandra MacVean said...

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Eve. :( *hugs* You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

I was so glad to see you back, and then, this sad news. Rest in peace, Danny. Prayer of comfort for his beloveds.

the voice of melody said...

I'm sorry to hear of his death. May God comfort you and all of his family during this difficult time.

Becky K. said...

I am so very sorry. You will be in my prayers.

Becky K.

Alexandra MacVean said...

Hi Eve...Hope you had a good week! THinking of you. :)

Alexandra MacVean said...

Hi Eve...I hope you're doing OK. Haven't heard much from you. Miss you and your posts! *hugs*