Thursday, October 2, 2008

PRAYING FOR THOSE WHO ARE LOST


I am a prayer warrior on a prayer chain and I am amazed right now, how many of the requests for prayer all get down to the same three. They need healing for themselves or for someone they know or love. They need financial help. It seems everyone is having a hard time right now, making ends meet. They want a relationship restored. There are not as many request for salvation for their friends and family as I would expect.

I ask, Dear Lord that you lay it on people's hearts to care about the salvation of their family and friends. I know our daily trials are getting us down right now, but I pray we don't lose sight of the most important prayer of all. The prayer for the lost. I pray for all the families who read my post Father, that their loved ones will find their way home before it's too late. Save them Lord, bring them into the fold. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

5 comments:

Alexandra MacVean said...

It's funny you should do a post on this...I've really had it on my heart to pray for those I know...and don't know...who are lost.

Nicole said...

Great reminder! Thanks!

Lucy Stern said...

This is near and dear to my heart also. There are so many who let go and loose their way. We need to pray for those lost sheep.....

Debra said...

Thank you-I have family and friends who aren't saved yet. I want them in heaven, and living now for the Lord.
Love, Debra

Edie said...

Good observation Eve. I noticed that one time in a prayer group that everyone asked for healing for some sort of illness and I almost felt wrong to ask for prayer for salvation for my daughter.