Saturday, August 2, 2008

GROWTH COMES IN THE VALLEYS


Did you know that nothing ever grows on the tops of mountains? Growth always comes in the valleys. That's when we gain our strength, when we are struggling and fighting our way to the top. God never promised us we would always have sunshine in those valleys. For things to flourish and grow, we must have a little rain sometimes. Face those storms with courage, welcome them, with the knowledge that with every storm we weather, we will grow stronger. So let the lightning flash and the thunder roll. Eternity is waiting for us, on the top of the mountain. I'll meet you there. What a day of rejoicing that will be!

John 16:33 says "In this world ye shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer, for I have overcome the world."

7 comments:

Debra said...

I loved this post, and it meant a lot to me. My parents took me up Mt. Washington some years ago. It was interesting to see the vegetation disappear and the tree line as we got to the top. It was a long, long climb.(We were in a car!) But the view was amazing.
It all will be so worth it, when we get THERE, and see Him...
Debra

Irish Cottage Dreams said...

Wow, that is a gorgeous photo
and a really nice post....I am really glad I stopped in.

~kimme

Lib said...

I really needed this post. Seems lately we've been in adeep valley. Thanks for reminding me this too shall pass and we will be stronger!
Blessins',Lib

Alexandra MacVean said...

This is a very good post and this is so true.

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Hello!
I'm Laura. I found you through Sue's blog, Country Pleasures. What a truthful, thoughtful post. I needed to hear this today.

Thank you!
Laura

Melissa said...

The first two lines really pack a punch...

vikki said...

love your post! soo true! it seems like no matter what we are going thru ~ it could always be worse! someone else always is suffering/hurting more than i. sometimes He calms the storms, other times He calms us. hugs & blessings, vikki ♥